Process of Listening: Synodality in our local dioceses
December 7, 2021
8:30 pm – 9:30 pm
Organized by Cardijn Associates, USA
On October 9-10, Pope Francis launched a two year process that would lead to a synod on the theme: For a Synodal Church: Communion, Participation, Mission. Dioceses the world over are expected to initiate a reflection process with all the People of God about their experience as church. Join us for a panel discussion with three diocesan leaders who are organizing local preparatory efforts in their dioceses.
- How will this process differ from previous diocesan feedback events?
- How will this process build on previous events?
- What outcomes are our dioceses hoping for in this process?
The panel will speak on the implementation of the local listening sessions in their respective dioceses, as well as share any insights they have learned from the process.
Ashley Morris will serve as the facilitator for the event.
- Ashley Morris, Associate Director of Intercultural Ministries, Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Atlanta
- Darius Villalobos, Director of Diversity and Inclusion, NFCYM, Archdiocesan Pastoral Council Member, Archdiocese of Chicago
- Vicky Hathaway, Ministry Consultant for Youth and Young Adult Ministry, Diocese of Gary
- Bishop Bruce Lewandowski, Auxiliary Bishop, Archdiocese of Baltimore
Cardijn Associates seeks to promote Cardinal Joseph Cardijn’s (1882-1967) vision of the lay apostolate in the modern world. Cardijn was known for his See-Judge-Act method which has shaped Catholic Action movements around the world since 1925.
Follow us on https://twitter.com/CardijnUSA